16 April 2010

Good News!!!

Okay - I wrote this post once already, and then I lost it.  GRR!

I finally got Jakobe's login information for his health insurance web portal.  I say finally because I've been wanting to do it for a long time, but hadn't yet acted on that desire, and not because Jakobe was holding out on me.  In any case, I logged in today to check his Infertility coverage - just to double check my belief that he didn't have any, and discovered that I was wrong.  This is what I found:
Infertility Services
Diagnosis and Treatment of underlying medical condition covered (e.g. endometriosis). 
Other examples in my book would also include: ejaculatory duct obstruction, retrograde ejaculation, other things I can't think of, but I'm sure are out there....  I'm pretty certain that this means that our upcoming urology appointments and follow up appointments will be covered under his insurance.  I expect we can probably get coverage for SAs needed as part of the diagnosis or treatment of the "Underlying condition" whatever that is.  This is a good thing, and it changes the picture for us somewhat.  It certainly may open up some options that we may not have been able to explore before.

2 comments:

  1. That freaking ROCKS Jenni. Awesome news. I hope that it has actually worked out that way and they are covering your stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did turn out that they covered some stuff for him(Like the urologist from Mars). They’ll cover his SAs and the clinic runs a lot of the tests as screening tests (even for me) so they should cover at least some of it -Just not the really expensive stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Have an observation, comment, or advice? Please share, I need all the help I can get.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews