21 May 2010

Passing Storms

It's been a rough week here at the Yak Hotel.  Don't ask me why, but Jakobe and I have had the hardest time communicating with each other.  We don't really know or understand where the other one stands, or what they've been trying to tell us.  As a result - our interactions have been quite a bit like these storm clouds:

I took these pictures on Tuesday from the parking lot at work before I headed off to class.  That evening, and Wednesday evening, Jakobe and I had escalating fights.  We just couldn't seem to stop ourselves. And then - I'd point out that it was happening, and we'd laugh.  Unfortunately, we would start fighting again almost immediately.  I think that it's what happens if we (or maybe just me) don't get enough down-time.  I've been going nonstop for a couple of weeks now, and I've still got a while before the end is in sight.  I'm hoping that camping next weekend will help.  Wednesday night, we took the dog for a walk, and when we were almost done, a storm blew in.  We were about a third of a mile away from home, and we had been struggling with why were were at each other's throats for most of the walk, trying to figure out what was going on.  The storm ended all that.  Probably because Jakobe thought I was a madwoman.  There I was - it's about 60 degrees out,  I've taken of my shirt, and am letting my camisole (and the rest of us) get soaked through, and I'm laughing.  
There's a joy in storms that I just can't explain.  The raw power of the world coming right up to you door and blowing through without even bothering to knock.

It really did feel wonderful.

I don't know yet if we're back on an even keel.  But - we're still trying.



3 comments:

  1. All I can say is wow!!! Fascinating - hope communication get's easier and less explosive!

    ICLW
    http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh yes we all have those times. Bikerman and I have had them many times over our 11 year history!!

    Hopefully you'll be able to clear the air soon and things will get back on an even keel.

    Love what you did re the storm as well, extremely liberating!

    Happy ICLW!!
    #40 http://thegalwho.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Storms are cleansing, so is rain. It's impossible to be angry when caught in one because of the energy that is there, and raw, and natural. I adore them.....one of the most beautiful things Mother Nature can provide us. I hope that you are doing better, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete

Have an observation, comment, or advice? Please share, I need all the help I can get.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews