22 July 2010

In a funk

Bad Blogger!  No opposable thumbs for you. 


And now that we've finished with the yelling, I guess I'll say Hi, and I'm sorry I've been so quiet.  Jakobe and I went off for a long camping weekend last Friday, and we had a great time.  I spent *waaay* too much money on new fishing gear, determined that I can take the canoe out alone, and learned that the dog won't swamp us, even if she really doesn't like the boat that much!  I did catch a nice 14" trout Saturday night.  AND - I convinced Jakobe to eat it for dinner on Sunday.  It's wasn't poison, didn't kill him, and He's willing to eat my fish again.  That is a big win in my book.  Then on the way home Sunday afternoon, we were rear-ended by an 84 year old woman, and ended up being the middle car in a three car collision.  So, it's new bumpers for me.
That's me, trying on the frames for the new glasses
 that I bought.  Excuse the photo quality, my phone
does not the best camera make.


Sunday seems to have been a foreshadowing of my week, because after I got home I had absolutely no ambition to do anything at all, and that feeling continued until yesterday.  I did go in for an eye exam on Monday, and I'm ordering new glasses.  Unfortunately, I picked up pinkeye, so I lost yesterday to having to stay home and take care of that until I could get in to see the doctor.


And - Yesterday was CD1.  So, Yay! I finally got my period, and Boo! I hate my period.  Plus - Since I wasn't really temping, I didn't know exactly when it was due, and there was the smallest part of me that was hoping for a miracle, even if I didn't really think it could/would happen.  Nice to know I was right.  Not so nice to think that I just had a 50 day cycle for no real reason.  The doc has bumped up my Metformin dosage, I now get 1500mg a day, and can move up as high as 2500mg a day if I want.  We'll see.  I have a hard time remembering to take pills if they're not part of my night-time pill fest.


All in all I've felt extremely unmotivated this week, it felt like a gigantic accomplishment to take a shower, and if that doesn't say something about my mental state, nothing does.  I'm hoping that it was just PMS, and now I'll be back to normal, because I can't stand feeling like that for too long.

Jakobe got an interview for the new job - it's at 4:45 today.  I don't know when we'll know if he got the job or not, but I've got my fingers crossed.  More money and a happier husband can't be beat.

The only other news is that we're going to try going to the local infertility support group.  I'm a bit nervous, but I think it may be a good idea.  We'll see.  If we hate it, we just won't do it again, right?

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had quite the week! I think a little down time is called for, and totally valid to blame it on the PMS. What is it in us that always prays for that little miracle? Hope, I guess. So, speaking of hope, here's hoping you have some luck this cycle! HUGS, and I dig the new glasses.

    ReplyDelete

Have an observation, comment, or advice? Please share, I need all the help I can get.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews