19 March 2010

Nookie Free Zone

Not quite the same as "Nookie Prison"  but damn close.  Tomorrow is the likely beginning of the:

  • Nookie Free Zone
  • Maintenance (The pool is closed for maintenance, no swimming.)
    • We came up with this euphemism a couple of years ago when: the hotel had no vacancies but the pool was open for swimming  (I was on the pill), or the hotel had no vacancies, and the pool was closed for maintenance(I was having my period).  The vacancy sign has been up for a while now, but no one's checked in.
  • Aunt Flo
  • the hag
  • my period.
It wouldn't be so bad, but we're probably looking at almost 2 weeks without because of circumstance, and other things.  To make it worse, Jakobe was actually in the mood last night, at least to begin with, but he caught me on my way into the shower.  It was right after I got home from a "Strategic Planning Meeting" after work - and I still needed to unwind. I should have just pretended like I was having more fun that I was, but it's hard to hide it when I'm just not feeling it.  We were supposed to see if we felt more like it later, but he fell asleep, and I wasn't going to wake him up for a "maybe."

Tonight is Date Night, which is both good and bad.  The exercise of going on a date twice a month is very very good for our marriage, but Date Night almost never ends with nookie.  Plus - if there's any chance it'll get messy, it's a bad idea.  We had that happen once, and I never want to see the look of shock and dismay that crossed his face again. If I can help it.

I'm not a happy person when I don't get laid.  There, I admit it.  Plus - when not getting laid and PMS go together, watch out for megabitch.

On a related note, I have mixed feelings about maintenance this month. It's nice in a way to not feel disappointed about it.  We're not trying right now, and with the way things look we're not "not preventing" either, so it's just expected.  I'm sad that I feel like we don't have a chance without major interventions, and I'm sad because of all of the dreams that we're putting on hold for the meanwhile. At the same time, I'm not sad that I don't have to have my hopes dashed ever month in the meanwhile - it's definitely easier to know that you're not pregnant when maintenance comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have an observation, comment, or advice? Please share, I need all the help I can get.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews