12 November 2009

Everything's Better with Bacon


I said that I'd post a little bit about the food last weekend. One of the recipes that I tried out on everyone was Parmesan-stuffed dates, wrapped in bacon. It was completely awesome. Sweet, salty, rich and creamy all at the same time. Plus, it was very easy to make. Here's the recipe:

6 oz grated Parmesan
2-3 T cream cheese ( room temp, or softened)
18-30 dates (depending on size)
1 package of bacon, approximately 1/2 slice per date

Preheat the oven to 400. Pit each date, if not pitted, and cut a slice lengthwise along one side. Mix the cheeses together, and then fill each date with the cheese mixture. Finally wrap each date with a piece of the bacon, overlapping the bacon, and allowing the date to sit on the overlapped ends. Place dates on a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the bacon reaches your desired doneness, then remove the dates before the grease cools. You can blot them on a paper towel before arranging them on a plate for serving.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, This looks insanely delicious. I LOVE bacon. I went on a girls weekend a few years ago and we had bacon with breakfast, lunch and dinner. It was decadent! I think its about time for another weekend like that, with the girls, and a fridge full of bacon :) and this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

Have an observation, comment, or advice? Please share, I need all the help I can get.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews